Monday, November 4, 2013

Critical Reflection - Essay


The diversity loss essay that I have written for this module was practical since I am taking a module on environmental biology. Writing this essay requires me to do further in-depth research regarding Singapore’s biodiversity, which allows me to better understand the certain topics in the module.  I felt that the essay topic is good in a sense that it is very broad, giving students the chance to develop an essay that interests or benefits them in some way.

Something that I had to work on was to link the big topic of globalization to my focused topic, the loss of biodiversity.

The essay process was fulfilling since it was done over several weeks and I got to experience the formation of my personal academic essay. From the first draft to the final, I am able to see the vast improvements. Through the one to one consultations with Brad, I was shown a different perspective, as to what I could consider exploring in this particular essay topic. The advices given were not solely on the language aspect, but also on content and analytical thinking. And I expect Brad’s advices to aid me in crafting my future business reports. This is so, because essay writing is a skill transferable to different modules and different aspects of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment